There are many reasons that lead to malocclusion, , twisting, or overlapping teeth. Some people have large teeth relative to the size of their mouths, causing crowding teeth due to the lack of sufficient space to accommodate the teeth.
In other cases we find in some people that the size of the upper jaw is different from the size of the lower jaw , creating the emergence of a deformed jaws.
What causes the teeth crowding ?
Most cases of crowded teeth and the emergence of one or both jaws together are hereditary cases, as is the case when you inherit the color of your eyes from one of your family members or when you inherit the size of your hand. the loss of some teeth at an early stage of the child’s age or an adult may be among the reasons leading to the exposure to the teeth to crowding and inconsistent bite.
• Error in conducting a dental restoration (for example: filling or crown)
• The jaw is not wide enough to accommodate all the erupting teeth .
• Overpressure on the teeth and gums.
• Severe facial injuries may be a factor in unconscious bite case .
• Tumors of the mouth and jaw.
• The practice of some habits that are harmful to the health of the mouth and teeth and suffered by children PHC thumb, push the tongue, continuation of the child to use the pacifier or a bottle of milk even after the age of three What are the health problems that result from teeth crowding and inconsistent bite? The resulting damages
• Impede the process of proper chewing.
• The difficulty of maintaining a clean teeth which increases the risk of tooth decay, infections or gum disease.
• Stress teeth and jaw and mouth muscles which increases the risk of fracture or broken teeth.
• Dissatisfaction smile and negative effects of this feeling on a person’s self-confidence.
How do I know of my crowded teeth and inconsistency jaws?
Your dentist can detect the case of crowded teeth and malocclusion by conducting some medical examination to mouth, jaw, and external appearance of your face. Another indicator that your doctor look for:
• inconsistency teeth.
• abnormal facial appearance (especially at mouth area).
• Difficulty in chewing or biting.
• Difficulty speaking and Lisp.
The dentist usually refer you to an orthodontist (a competent diagnosis and treatment of teeth and inconsistent jaws.
What tests will be conducted by the Orthodontist?
X-ray: help to provide information on the location of the teeth and their roots under the gum, as well as the emergence of any teeth above the gum. it also shows the overall relationship between the teeth and jaws and between the jaws and head. Face photos: needs Orthodontist for these photographs for further tests related to the relationship of the teeth and jaw and head.
Tooth impression: when your dentist ask you to bite down on the material used to make the impression .
What are the methods of treating teeth crowding and inconsistent jaws?
After the diagnosis, the orthodontist will be able to determine the best method of treatment for you. your orthodontist may recommend various treatments, which can include:
braces to correct the position of the teeth removal of teeth to correct overcrowding reshaping, bonding, or capping teeth